Posted on May 02 2017
We are extremely proud to be a major sponsor of the International Drone Day - Saturday May 6th 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Weather is a vital to this day and so on Thursday 4th it will be confirmed if the event is to go ahead or not. We will keep you posted.
- Site opens from 9-30 – 4pm
- Admission $5 (cash please no eftpos) per adults (children under 16 free) at front gate
- Raffle tickets (Max 2) can be purchased at event. If not attending event no purchasing of tickets available.
- General seating is around meeting area but encourage to bring chairs / tables if you require them when flying etc.
- Only delegated sponsors can sell or advertise once in the park, they are the reason we can host this event, therefore no advertising or selling of any kind on the day, failure will result in asking to leave event.
- 10 marshal’s will be around to help with any enquiries on the day, they will be identified by orange and yellow High Visual Vests.
- No swimming in the lake, if for any reason a drone goes into any lake/forest areas please advise a marshal.
- Any equipment around the park not used for the event must not be used.
- No alcohol consumption allowed at event.
Program of events
- 10:00 Start
- 10:20 Safety Briefing
- 10:30-12:00 Flying
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-1:30 Raffle
- 1:30-4:00 Flying
- 4:00 Event Closed
BBQ snag, veggie burgers and drinks will be provided, anyone with special dietary requirements are required to provide their own.
Toilets are in the meeting/BBQ area, but there are toilets scattered all over the park for your convenience.
Flying of Drones
As we are expecting a lot of drones flying on the day, attention must be towards safety. As this is a family event, we do not want any injuries or mishaps due to not following safety rules
There will be a safety briefing (10:20) prior to flying commencing and maps provided for best flying spots and spots where children are prohibited to go.
Therefore, the following must be strictly followed
- Complying with CASA rules
- No flying over meeting, car park area, building structures i.e.: conference centre
- No flying less than 30 metres laterally from anyone not involved in flying at that time.
- No more than 6 can fly simultaneously at one location, this mitigates interference and enables spotters who aren’t flying at that time to watch for hazards.
- Flying area between the pilot and drone must be clear of people.
- Flyers are responsible for their own craft, equipment, damage or theft is at owner risk.
- Children cannot be in area of drone operators flying.
- When in air pilot’s full attention must be on drone.
- It is bush area, appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn
- Sunscreen and hat must be brought
- Any dangerous activities must be reported to the marshals’ and if warranted persons asked to leave event.
- Please no littering, there are bins around the site, park was graciously provided for our use, let’s leave it how we found it.
- Do not leave any valuables in cars or lying around, theft or damage is not covered at event.
- As park is very large, people are encouraged to drive to the location to fly, most good areas to fly have areas to park.
- Parents please look after children, the park is large and full of possible hazards, damage or injury is not covered by organisers.
- Any issues please find a marshal for the event who is here to help you.
Charging of Batteries
At the meeting area, there are power points to enable charging of batteries, if intending to charge please bring labelled charger and if possible labelled power board. As the numbers of people who may want to charge are high, consideration, patience and understanding must be given to this.
Look forward to seeing you there.
The Drone Addiction Team